This flavorful dinner also happens to be an immunity booster, thanks to the antioxidants in the mushrooms and the vitamin C in the asparagus. Grilling the vegetables adds a bit of smoky char that goes wonderfully with the nutty pasta.
- 12 oz. whole-wheat spaghetti
- 10 oz. mushrooms, trimmed
- 8 oz. asparagus, trimmed
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 lemons Grated Parmesan, for serving
- Heat grill to medium-high. Cook pasta per pkg. directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss mushrooms, asparagus, and scallions with oil, pepper flakes, and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Grill vegetables until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Cut asparagus and scallions into 2-in. pieces; place back in the bowl.
- Using a garlic press, squeeze garlic into the bowl and finely grate zest from lemons on top. Halve lemons and grill, cut sides down, until charred.
- Add spaghetti to bowl of vegetables, squeezing in juice of lemons and tossing to combine. Serve with grated Parmesan if desired.