This is a FANTASTIC, fresh, and fun, gluten-free, low-FODMAP fruit ‘dessert’ pizza. It has a soft and delicious low-FODMAP sugar cookie crust and a creamy low-FODMAP cream cheese layer. Then it is topped with amazing low-FODMAP fruits and drizzled with a low-FODMAP fruit glaze.
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened (8 tablespoons)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water or low-FODMAP milk (such as almond milk or lactose-free milk)
- 1 & ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low-FODMAP, gluten-free all-purpose flour, I used Authentic Foods GF Classical Blend- my low-FODMAP bake off tells you why I love this brand
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum, if not added to your flour choice
- Vegetable shortening for greasing (or use my low-FODMAP Magical Bake Pan Release Paste– I did!)
My mouth is watering already. A perfect dessert for any party or grill out.
This low-FODMAP Fruit Dessert Pizza was adapted from my mother’s famous fruit tart recipe that she served every summer I was growing up. It was one of my favorite childhood desserts. She prepared her fruit tart with a sweet creamy filling using a blend of sour cream and cream cheese. That filling set her fruit tart apart from everyone else’s!
While it seems like this low-FODMAP fruit pizza has a lot of ‘steps’, it is actually very simple. You do have to bake the low-FODMAP sugar cookie crust, but the top layer and glaze are super quick and easy. Then all you do is assemble, and devour.
You may also love:
- low-FODMAP Fresh and Fancy Fruit Tart
- low-FODMAP Lemon Blueberry Buttermilk Bundt Cake
- low-FODMAP Carrot Cake Roll
- low-FODMAP Lime Margarita Cake with pretzel crust
- low-FODMAP Copycat The Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake
Or check out over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog. IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Fantastic Low-FODMAP Fruit (Dessert) Pizza Recipe; Gluten-free
While this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low FODMAP based on the ingredients
Serves: 12 or more
Prep time: 45 minutes + chilling
Chill time: 20 minutes for crust + 30 min for prepared fruit pizza
Bake time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour + chilling
Bake: 350 degrees F
Equipment: 12 inch or larger pizza pan