The combination of macaroni and cheese will create elegant flavour. We usually make soup with macaroni, but this is the first time we try something new and it is great. Now it is your turn to try something new this week!
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons potato starch (gluten-free)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter + more for the dish
- 1 ounce (¼ cup) grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ gluten-free penne, pounded, cooked, drained
- ¾ pound (3 cups) shredded cheddar
- 2 cups warmed, whole milk
- ½ cup slightly crushed crisp puffed rice cereal (gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 small, diced yellow onion
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven up to 350 degrees F then butter 2-quart baking dish or 8 oz ramekins then microwave 1 tablespoon butter until melted then toss with parmesan and cereal. In a medium-size saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter, add onion and cook for about 4 minutes until softened.
- Sprinkle with potato starch and cook for a minute. Slowly stir in milk, stirring time to time until thickened for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in mustard and cheddar until smooth then season with pepper and salt. Add pasta and stir to coat then transfer to the baking dish or ramekins and sprinkle with the cereal mixture. Bake until the sauce is bubbling and topping turns golden about 15-20 minutes.