Channel the tropics with these cheesecake bars that feature fresh, in-season pineapple. This recipe uses a small amount of coconut flour.
- 1 cup gluten-free graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 cup 2% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoon grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) fat-free, softened cream cheese (block-style)
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 cup of chopped pineapple (fresh)
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut (toasted, shredded)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup egg substitute Cooking spray Dash of Salt
Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C. Combine the graham crackers, coconut flour, turbinado sugar, and ground ginger in a bowl.
Add butter, 1 tablespoon water and oil then toss to mix. Transfer the mix into the bottom of an 8” metal baking pan coated with cooking spray and square in shape. Bake for 10 minutes at 175 degrees C then cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
Put cottage cheese, sugar, grated lemon rind, pineapple juice, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and cream cheese in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the egg substitute and continue blending to smoothen.
Spread the cheese mix over the cooled crust and bake for 35 minutes at 170 degrees C until set. Transfer to a wire rack for ten minutes and allow to cool. Refrigerate for about 2 hours or until completely chilled. Top with coconut and pineapple then cut into 16 bars.