The only gluten-free pizza crust you’ll ever need! Easy to make and works with basically any gluten-free flour blend. Bakes up chewy and crispy!
- 1 cup warm water, about 110F
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 1/4 cups Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour + 1/4 cup almond flour, (210 grams )
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine the warm water, sugar, and yeast in a glass measuring cup. Whisk to combine.
- While the yeast is proofing for 3-4 minutes, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and psyllium husk powder in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- With the mixer running on low, slowly add the yeast mixture and oil. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat for 3-4 minutes.
- Using an oiled spatula, press the dough off the sides into a ball. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Oil a 12-inch round pizza pan. Using oiled or wet hands, press the dough into the pan. The dough will shrink slightly as it bake, so press the dough as thin as you can to cover the pan. Let rise for another 10 minutes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and add your desired toppings. Bake for another 10-15 minutes depending on your toppings. Let cool for a few minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
MAKE IT NUT-FREE: Substitute 1/4 cup of gluten-free all-purpose flour for the almond flour.MAKE IT VEGAN: Use sugar in place of the honey.I have also like this crust made with 1 3/4 my grain-free flour blend. It will bake up with a darker color, but has a delicious flavor and texture. (Note: My blend already contains almond flour so you don't need to add any.)This recipe is really versatile and works with basically any gluten-free flour blend. I like adding a little almond flour when I use a store-bought blend because it gives the crust great flavor and color. If eat nut-free, you can substitute the almond flour with 1/4 GF Baking flour. I've had great results using gluten-free flour from both King Arthur Flour and Bob's Red Mill!